Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What Is so Special about Fine Chocolate?

I am addicted to chocolate. In the past, I have been perfectly happy with an Almond Joy, Snickers, or Hersey Chocolate Almond bar. Over the weekend, I sampled a piece of one of the fine chocolate samples that Tin Roof Teas has received. Specials cases have been ordered to keep the Truffles at just the right temperature to insure the quality is preserved. Instructions said to hold the square for a minute or so to warm the chocolate and to bring out the complex flavors. It is also recommended that you eat a soda cracker, a piece of apple, or drink some sparkling water to cleanse the palate before placing the piece in your mouth. Do not chew the candy; let it melt gradually in your mouth. (I found that part of the instructions hard to follow; I kept wanting to chew on it. ) As it dissolves, the flavors should change. You may taste a little spice, coffee, fruit...all from that one pieces. The sample I tasted lingered for quite awhile. Fine chocolate is rich and a piece or two will be very satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment